Modera Belmont – Portland, Oregon
Energy Modeling for LEED Gold Certification
Modera Belmont Apartments is a six-story mixed-use building located in downtown Portland. The building was designed by SERA Architects and Mill Creek Residential Trust. This building has a unique U-shaped design which includes 200 residential units, retail businesses on the ground floor and a courtyard facing SE 6th Avenue. The building is equipped with 105 parking spaces in an underground parking garage beneath the building. Solarc was involved by using DOE2 (eQuest) energy modeling software to quantify the energy savings associated with the building’s energy efficiency features for LEED for Homes and Multifamily Midrise. This building is targeted to achieve LEED Gold certification.
Mixed use total gross area: 187,000 sq. ft.
Underground parking lot area: 33,500 sq. ft.
Projected annual electric energy savings: 502,260 kWh
Projected total annual energy savings (All Fuels): 1,118 MMBTUs
Annual energy cost savings: $45,163
Percentage energy use reduction: 14%
LEED Points associated with energy credit: 6 Points
Energy Efficiency Measures Implemented to Save Energy
• High performance envelope features including walls, roof and windows
• Efficient LED Interior and Exterior Lighting
• Energy Star appliances
• Low flow plumbing fixtures
• High performance heat pumps serving residential units
• Condensing natural gas domestic water heaters
• CO sensing controls on parking garage exhaust system