Orchard Crossing – Eugene, Oregon
Energy Modeling for LEED Gold Certification
Orchard Crossing Apartments is a four-story building with one floor of underground parking located in downtown Eugene. The building was designed by gLAs Architects. This building is donut shaped which includes 139 residential units intended for university student housing and multiple lounge spaces for students. Solarc Energy Group (SEG) was involved by using DOE2 (eQuest) energy modeling software to quantify the energy savings associated with the building’s energy efficiency features for LEED for Homes and Multifamily Midrise. This building is targeted to achieve LEED Platinum certification.
Mixed use total gross area: 83,800 sq. ft. Underground parking lot area: 28,500 sq. ft. Projected annual electric energy savings: 204,794 kWh Projected total annual energy savings (All Fuels): 993 MMBTUs Annual energy cost savings: $25,195 Percentage energy use reduction: 20% LEED Points associated with energy credit: 15 Points
Energy Efficiency Measures Implemented to Save Energy
• High performance envelope features including walls, roof and windows.
• Efficient LED Interior and Exterior Lighting
• Energy Star appliances
• Low flow plumbing fixtures
• High performance heat pumps serving residential units
• Condensing natural gas domestic water heaters
• CO sensing controls on parking garage exhaust system