Many Solarc staff members have engaged in energy education activities in multiple project forums. Most staff members have been instructors in Lane Community College’s Energy Management Program (LCC EMP.) Mike Hatten, especially, has been a leader in numerous energy education engagements including:
• Ongoing professional training to engineers, architects, and energy analysts
• Energy modeling training and instruction
• International hands-on energy efficiency training seminars (China, Argentina, Middle East)
• Classroom instruction within organized college curricula
• Numerous lectures, presentations, and project-specific training sessions.
Hatten’s breadth of experience in commercial building energy efficiency projects and his preference for “hands-on” practical training has aligned with philosophy at the LCC EMP, and has been the basis for many of his training engagements. These include the following recent engagements (in 2017).
Solarc undertakes energy education engagements in a variety of agreement forms that include fee-based compensation structures and pro bono engagements, dependent on the nature of the education effort involved.